Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bringing Sham poo back!

I know alot of folks are on the No Poo kick. I've never been "too" convinced of the No Poo method. It was interesting and I actually tried it once but I just didn't feel right nor did my hair. Your hair needs Shampoo! Yes it's causes the hair to feel dry but that's why you use conditioner afterwards to put moisture back in. Think about all the stuff we put in our hair...Shampoo gets all that buildup out! Also what people seem to forget is that shampoo is for our scalp. Our scalp is part of having healthy hair and good hygiene. Since being in Cosmetology School I really get to see some dirty heads and some of these people think they've cleaned their hair but when hair is wet it become a different story. I can have a customer who comes in and their smells and seems to be ok when dry but once I start wetting the hair I can feel and see the build up. Even after 2 washes with the shampoo I still feel it sometimes. Then I have to use a clarifying shampoo. Remember you can't use conditioner as a permanent cleaner for your hair because conditioner deposits in your hair which can cause more buildup. Enough with the long story...the point I'm trying to make is that you MUST MUST MUST Shampoo your hair. It's part of healthy hair growth and just good hygiene.

No comments:

Post a Comment