Monday, November 8, 2010

Transition or Do the Chop

I decided to go natural back in 2007. I stopped getting relaxers then. At the time I had long hair and I couldn't imagine myself with a twa. I was like so many other women I was attached to my hair which is understandable. As little black girls we were taught that our hair is our crown and glory. I had too much hair to do a full transition so I knew I had to cut it some to shorten my transition time. So I decided to cut my hair into a bob.(Second pic below) I maintained that cut for about a year and then I finally got tired of having 2 textures and I was also getting excited about seeing more of my natural hair therefore I cut off the remainder of my relaxer hair myself. I was so proud and happy when I did it. I didn't care what anyone had to say about it either. Now that I looked back on it...I kind of wished I would of just cut it off sooner. At the same time I'm happy I did it the way I did it because when I Big Chopped...I was so ready for it. So are you ready????

Top Big Chop
Middle Transition
Bottom Relaxed hair



No comments:

Post a Comment