Friday, March 25, 2011

Textured Beauty of the Day

This is the Lovely Jena!

CNB: How long have you been natural?

Jena: 6 years. I relaxed my hair for about 2 years in high school.

CNB: What made you go natural?

Jena: My hair starting breaking off! And I also realized bone straight hair did not look good on me. I was trying to look like my mother who is white w/ straight hair. I didn't want to be "different".

CNB: What you do you like about being natural vs being relaxed?

Jena: Going natural is less stressful. I don't have to worry about sweating out my hair, or getting my hair wet when it rains. I just don't care for relaxed hair.

CNB: What do others say about your natural hair?

Jena: Everyone loves it!

CNB: How do you feel about yourself now that you are natural?
Jena: Now that I'm not fighting my hair (and who I am ), I love it! In the past, I wore my hair pulled back in a tight bun for years and when I would wear it down, it had to be straight. Curls are fun- I LOVE MY HAIR!

CNB: Have you inspired others?
Jena: I hope so!

CNB: What is your basic routine?
Jena: Shampoo, condition or leave in conditioner, styled w/ a little Fantasia Hair Polisher Styling Gel.

CNB: What advice will you give to those who are thinking of going natural?
Jena: JUST GO FOR IT!

Thank you Jena for gracing us with your beauty. You all Jena is also an Aesthetician here in the California Bay area.

Check her out here: www.examiner.com/skin-care-in-oakland/jena-oglesby


Picture's are of Jena's long hair and then she decided on a funky short cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment